Monday 23 March 2015

Between Two Worlds

We had very yucky Sunday raining, grey sky so we decided to visit GOMA again. It seems to me that our family always leaves GOMA for rainy days when we have nothing to do and everyone is bored wanting to go out.
I have to say I love our Brisbane gallery (well wouldn't mind if it was mine such a lovely building) always something interesting is on I dare to say it is up there for me.
This autumn they have David Lynch exhibition on. To be honest I have only realized who he is when my husband enlighten me saying two words TWEEN PEAKS.
I remember sitting with my dad on sofa and watching it in the night and I can still remember how scared I was.
I only know D Lynch through his movies not really art - really liked Tween Peaks, Elephant Man and Eraserhead but have to be honest sometimes I wish my parents wouldn't let me watch it. It is like with "Birds" better not to watch it until you 40 or so.
Movies like it will always stuck in your head.
I was even more surprised that they nearly let my boy come in with me, only when they said it is up to me and showed me his catalogue I knew it was not appropriate for him.
I like and know him through his movies not so keen on his paintings/photos i find it to much on dark side...
I have selected couple of pics from website as my pics didn't turn out too good and posting only lighter stuff of his ...






No comments:

Post a Comment